“I am a bridge” is my personal blog project where I grab and share some news around my professional environement and digital hobbies.
I do it for my self (first as a personal note pad) & for you highlighting the most refreshing /usefull/exploitable facts
I try to mix sources based on the following keywords: mash-up, ethic, mobile, technology, cross-over, social network, advertising, marketing, communication, cases, augmented reality, branding, devices geolocalization, search, mobile, OS, Tv, Social TV, POE, SRP, …
follow me on twitter & foursquare: huguesrey
Some facts about myself :
- Belgian (Brussels) – 9th July 1968 / Married with Geneviève
- more than 20 years of Media & Digital Strategy Experience, in a few words:
“Hugues began his carreer in ‘92 as Research Manager for Media+Square (now WPP Mindshare) and than as Research Director for Initiative Media in ‘98. In 2000, he created Fastbridge – the digitale agency of Initiative Media In 2006 & 2007, Hugues was the Digital Director Europe Middle East Africa for Initiative.
In 2008, he has been promoted as Chief Strategy Officer for Mediabrands.
He begon at Havas Media in Sept 2010 where he is now the CEO’s. Hugues is also active in many professional media associations (UMA (President 2012-2013) – CIM (president of TV Commission TV, former president Internet-commission) – GRP – IAB – …). He is also responsible for several readings at Solvay Brussels School .
In 2010, Hugues was very proud to receive a “Lifetime Achievement Award” during the Mixx Award”
Management capacities in the area of the media planning&buying /strategy /solution (focus on e-communication)
Team Leader & skilled strategist who transforms strategic plans into workable solutions. Corporate minded but “trail-blazer”
People Management of multi-tasks / multi-objectives / matricial teams
Figures & solution driven
Ability to develop projects “from scratch” (FastBridge Brussels, CIM Metriweb,…). Including the “make it live” through press, RP and networking
Representative in leading industry associations (CIM, IAB, BMMA, GRP, UMA, …)
Enthusiastic and didactic communicator (several interventions in symposium and academic lectures)
- (Main) Lectures at International & Local Conferences:
- I-Com Conference – Berlin (9/2005): Metriweb: The Full Single Source
- IAB France – Paris (1/2006): International Online Planning: Added Value ?
- Association of Communication Executive (ACE) – Brussels (2/2006): New Technologies and Communication
- EGTA (European Group of Television Advertising) – Helsinki (4/2006): IPTV: Are you ready for TV 2.0?
- IAB Greece – Athens (12/2006): Test ! Learn ! Deploy ! A key to Digital Marketing
- BrandFestival – Budapest (9/2007): The Whispers of the Crowd!
- Belgian Management & Marketing Association (BMMA) (1/2008) : Is Social Networking Something Advertisers Can Ignore ?
- ISE Digital Out-Of-Home Business Conference (2/2009) – Amsterdam : DOOH: A Brave New World ?
- GRP (Brussels) (11/2009) – Future of the CIM Digital Measurement
- GRP (Brussels) (6/2010) – Non-Linear TV & the future of the media agencies
- CIM (Brussels) (3/2011) – Rich Internet Application
- Belgian Management & Marketing Association – BMMA (Brussels) (3/2011) – Les Agences Médias – Chronique d’une Mort Annoncée ?
- IAB Brussels (11/2011) – Lead generation through mobile – http://goo.gl/UnWWOv
- Executive Master in Marketing & Advertising (Solvay Business School) (12/2011) – Closing Session: 18 ans: Age de passion ou Age de raison ? une brève histoire de la communication digitale en Belgique et une vision sur son future – http://goo.gl/XbmjaC
- FEB/IJE – 23ième Journée du juriste d’entreprise (11/2012) – Social media: New Hype or Last Grail? – http://goo.gl/GXAibD
- BMMA (6/2013) (with Didier Joos de Ter Beest) - Classic Data vs Big Data : What is the New Deal ? A New Currency in the Media Business – http://goo.gl/n84W0a
- GRP Symposium (4/2013) -Media Influentials : des acteurs media connectés, plus qu’une fantaisie?
- IP Keyfacts TV 2013 (11/2013) – TV it’s so over ! – http://goo.gl/i2jXBI
- Agoria (Fédération de l’Industrie Technologique Belge) – (9/2013) – Big Data : quelles stratégies business pour les CEO ?
- IAB Belgium – Discovery (2/2014) – SRP : Nightmare on MainScreen – http://goo.gl/xojwb1
- Sas Institute – European Telco Summit (4/2014) – How smart use of Big Data will increase the ROI of your mobile advertising.? http://goo.gl/mSx8Pz