We are looking for a head of middle office for our Brussels operation
Havas Media is the lead agency in the world’s fastest growing media group.
We operate in 144 countries and grew our activity by almost 12% from 2014 to 2015, compared with the average agency growth-rate of around 9%.
As with any successful team, we benefit from the support of more than 20,000 talented individuals worldwide who specialise in digital, data, content, sports, experiential and more.
We shine as individuals and excel when working together as part of a collaborative force.
Our core strengths here at Havas Media lie in our ability to unite brands and people through meaningful connections and to drive business success.
To achieve this, we redefine the strategic roles of owned, shared, earned and paid media for better results. It’s a method all Havas Media Group companies invest in and something we all call, Organic Marketing.
We live by three key words – Data, Insight and Collaboration. They permeate everything we do and enable us to provide integrated planning, buying, content and marketing support services across all communication channels.
Havas Media is part of a group that has reinvented the collaborative agency model.
Around the world, our ‘Havas Village’ headquarters ensure Creative, Media and Consulting can all work together under the same roof and profit from each other’s expertise so that our clients achieve incremental growth through game-changing media and ideas.
Our togetherness gets results. We’re agile, passionate, committed, and we produce innovative, inspiring and award-winning work.
Our clients further benefit from our close collaboration with Havas Group’s specialist agencies including, Artemis Alliance (global data), Mobext (mobile), Socialyse (social media), Affiperf (programmatic), Adcity (local media data).
more about Havas Media ? http://www.havasmedia.com/our-work
In order to apply for this position, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
- Lead and develop, together with the Director of Operations, agency service offer, including expertise and trading strategy
- Manage and stimulate the teams to foster creativity towards the development of innovative and/or new services
- Supervise and optimize agency performance in delivering quality services to clients
- Manage, optimize and grow media expertise and specialty teams including ratio of productivity
- Manage the purchasing policy: respect media buying productivity, determine purchasing volumes, liaise with media suppliers and technical providers
- Participate in the optimization of agency revenue: new services, increased margins, achieving objectives, etc.
- Represent the local Middle Office across the group
Middle Office Management:
- Responsible for the delivery and quality of the local Middle Office services in terms of media buying and trading strategies
- Optimization and supervision of the services’ efficiency and relevance
- Work directly with strategic clients to provide consulting and guidance, and promptly anticipate and/or resolve ad serving and operational issues
- Work closely with the teams of Media Expertise and Specialties across Havas Media Group, and contribute in adding value to the agency (including data and content)
- Responsible for the objectives set for the Media Experts, Specialties and Connexion Managers
- Enhance local Middle Office innovation and success internally and externally
- Support both Front and Middle Office Teams throughout the implementation of the strategy
- Together with Agency Direction, assure quality operations and relationships with media network partners (quality internet/media charter)
- Participate in the development of the offer and product, with partners/providers and heads of Experts and Specialties including data and content
- Promote our products, services and innovations, in collaboration with Communications (PR, speaking engagements on media expertise, etc…)
- Plan and direct Middle Office steering committees
- Supervise KPIs, objectives and productivity
- Monitor volume and evolution of local Havas Media Group purchasing through “Pilot” tool
- Innovate and improve process and work methods, suggest and deploy means to increase effectiveness, support change management
- Support Directors of Media Expertise in the establishment of master agreements: set the framework, volume, stages; identify ad networks; negotiate conditions; develop contracts; follow-up and optimization
- Follow the investments per media network and client, interfacing with clients, Front Office teams, planning and buying departments
- Implement global decisions at local level
- Contribute to global pitches, providing both methods and innovation
- Answer global requests
- Participate in developing additional revenues on existing accounts, conceiving and/or providing new services
- Steer committee to coordinate all activities, across Media Expertise (Video, Audio, Publishing) and Specialties (Affiperf, Socialyse, Adcity, Mobext, Ecselis, Artemis Alliance), to facilitate synergies and the achievement of determined objectives, together with the Director of Operations
- Manage the local Middle Office team, day-to-day and long-term career development
- Create an inspiring culture within the team to promote career advancement and job satisfaction
- Motivate and develop the individuals to fulfil their potential
- Develop and implement a structure and process which will enable the team to deliver outstanding work for clients and profitable business across Havas Media Group
Education & Languages
Master’s degree in Business, Marketing or Advertising and at least 10 years of experience in the media industry (on & offline)English, Dutch and French : ExcellentKey Competencies
- Strong knowledge of the advertising market (technical platforms, ad networks, core partners/providers…)
- 5 years of experience in the media industry (on & offline)
- Leadership abilities and team management experience: aptitude to inspire teams, delegate, develop skills and performance
- Organizational and analytical skills, rigorous and reliable
- Curiosity and attention to innovation
- Excellent business acumen: key client-facing abilities, track record in business development, strong negotiation skills (especially at a high level)
- Ability to lead key initiatives from incubation to scale
- Marketing and Advertising
- Information Technology